Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbyes

I know... this is long overdue. Somehow that stress of getting ready for the move got to me. So much to catch up on! Lots has happened in the last 3 weeks.

First I had to say goodbye. And after 5 years in Wichita there were A LOT of goodbyes. And I think that I cried every single time.

December 27th was my last day at Wesley. After 5 years at the hospital and 3 1/2 in the Peds ER it was definitally bittersweet. If you know me at all you know it was time for a change and I am so excited about the new opportunities in traveling nursing. However you never think about the emotional cost of change. And I find that you also tend to greatly underestimate how deeply you grow to care about people. These are just a few of my favorite people from work. They're amazing...

For my going away celebration Misty (who doesn't cook) made
this amazing mix of white chocolate and honeycombs.


What you can't see is that instead of coating it and laying
it out on wax paper to dry she poured it all into the bowl....
 
So we let Shelly break it apart... with a pie server.
It helped... kind of. :)


 
And if I thought it was hard to say good bye to my work family, it was really hard to say good bye to my family and friends. However I'm seriously thinking that I need to leave more often, its amazing how loved you feel when so many people you care about come to hang out with you and the drop of a hat.


Bright and early Thursday morning (ok it was closer to afternoon) after a breakfast date with two my favorite people in the world we hit the road... thankfully it was an uneventful trip. For those of you concerned Charlotte did great in the car and in the hotel... she only woke me up once during the night (at 5am!). We made it in to Louisville around 3pm eastern time on Friday without any major problems.
Ask Jori or I about the ham servings
in a breakfast at the Beacon.

Of course I hit traffic the instant I
pulled out of riverside. Dumb Geese

Snow and Trees in Illinois... two
things we don't have a lot of in Kansas

Charlotte in her TINY space in the car

It seemed like a horrible waste
to leave my basil plant to die
in my house... but then I left it in the
car over night and killed it anyway



Welcome to Kentucky

Welcome to Louisville! (this is literally 20
seconds after you cross the bridge)

Of course that's not where the story ends... I've only been here for 3 days and there's plenty to tell.. but more on that later.




1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted. I had planned to check with you this morning to see how it was going. Will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete